Dear Friends and Family,
My apologies that you haven’t heard anything from me in a couple of months. One of the reasons for that was that we were on furlough, so I thought I’d take a break from updating you. Besides, nothing interesting happens on furlough, right? I wish that were true.

Sad News
Just yesterday evening, I got a call from my parents to tell me that my Uncle Wesley (my Dad’s oldest brother) had passed away. He had been having trouble with his heart, and had been in and out of the hospital. My parents will be on their way by now back to Oklahoma by now. I wish I could be there with the family, but they’re in my prayers.

Please keep his wife Linda, my cousins Andy, Neal and Cory (his sons), and of course my Grandmother and the rest of the family in your prayers.

Furlough and More Sad News
On December 13th we flew out of Holland to Arizona where we’ve just spent 10 weeks on furlough. It was a good time of some relaxing, spending time with my family, and letting them all get to know Lisa. It was also a good time of getting to know a lot of new church people. My home church (that my parents pastor) has grown so much in the last two years, that I didn’t’ know more than half of the people in church. That’s one of the reason why it was so good (and necessary) for us to visit.

I joked about nothing happening on furlough, but unfortunately while we were in Arizona, we heard the bad news that Jolanda’s mother has cancer again. This time it is in the lungs, and they feared in the colon as well. The doctors had given her only two or three years to live with chemotherapy, and two or three months without.

Since she heard the news, she has been having all kinds of people praying for her, and we are happy to report that she has been feeling a lot better. She can bike again and sing without shortness of breath. She is also feeling generally much better. She has faith that the cancer is shrinking, and we all continue to be in prayer for that very thing.

Back to Life
We arrived back in Holland February 22nd and have been slowly getting back into our old routine. It took Lisa almost a week to get over her jet-lag, but she is finally sleeping through the night again. We would put her down at 8 PM and she would wake up again around 9:30 or 10 and ready to go again.

I have started back in my old job again, but I am going to be making some changes shortly. We’re praying about some new directions which we hope to share with you net time. (Ha ha, don’t you just love a cliff-hanger!)

For those of you who have an interest in keeping up on the latest technology and how it affects your organization and life in general, take a look at my blog located at:

a href=””>

I try to update it weekly, so bookmark it and check it often!

Thank you once again for your time and your prayers.

Many blessings,
Rodney, Jolanda and Lisa Blevins